Thursday, December 28, 2017

Gertie Milk & the Keeper of Lost Things by Simon Van Booy

Image result for gertie milk and the keeper of lost things

Recommended for fans of adventure, science fiction, and fantasy

I happened upon this title while browsing in a bookstore.  Having never heard of the author or the title, I was immediately drawn in by the cover.  After reading the blurb, I was more than intrigued.

What a wonderful tale Simon Van Booy has created!

When Gertie Milk wakes up on the shore of the island of Skuldark, she doesn't remember anything about herself.  She soon discovers that she is the next chosen Keeper of Lost Things.  Along with the help of Kolt, a fellow keeper, Gertie is off on one adventure after another to return important artifacts in history to those who have lost them.  

Trying to stand in their way are the Losers who are trying to destroy all that Gertie and Kolt must accomplish.  In an unexpected twist, Gertie discovers something about herself that she never imagined and is forced to decide upon which side her loyalty lies.

Usually when I get to the end of a book and realize there could be a sequel, I am disappointed because I like good strong endings where everything is neatly resolved. That is not the case here, however.  I am so, so delighted that Van Booy left this open for a possible sequel.

One of the most clever stories I have ever read!   Congratulations, Simon Van Booy!  Now, when can we expect a sequel?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment