Monday, June 27, 2016

Beetle Boy by M.G. Leonard

Recommended for science enthusiasts, fans of mystery/adventure, readers looking for something different

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I picked up Beetle Boy by M.G. Leonard; however, I have been so impressed by the publications coming out of Chicken House Books and the discoveries of Barry Cunningham, that I knew it would be something special.  Let me just say that it did not disappoint.

Beetle Boy is the story of three unlikely friends who come together to solve the mystery of a missing father.  With the help of a group of industrious coleopteran (love when even I learn a new word), the three friends experience a wonderful adventure involving kidnappings, long hidden secrets, and a few dung beetles.

This is a story that I will wholeheartedly be recommending to my fourth graders during the upcoming school year.

P.S. What is even more exciting about this story is the fact that it is the first in a trilogy of books!  Can't wait for the next installment!



No comments:

Post a Comment